Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summertime to-do's. The non-negotiables…

Summertime can be the `black hole' season of the year.
This summer there have been many days when I sit down after dinner, take a look at my `to do' list and realize I got SO sidetracked (a last minute lunch with a friend, shopping with my sisters or daughters, a lovely long phone call, 5 minutes of weeding that turns into the rest of the morning) that EVERYTHING slides into tomorrow. I am relatively certain that each of you reading this has experienced your version of the same scenario.

However with summer solstice comes the reality check, God's little `tap on the shoulder' via his creation, that the fall and winter will soon be upon us. Whether we like it or not, summer is fleeting and cannot stay forever. The kids will go back to school, routines will become normalized, and we need to be ready for our fall harvest.

I know that at my house, despite the lack of discernable schedule that summer presents, there are certain non-negotiables that happen every day. *

I get up
I brush my teeth
I get dressed
I walk the dogs
I make meals for my family
I check and respond to the mail (`e' and snail)

*You have this list too. It is unique to YOU and YOUR life.
To this list of `life' non-negotiables here is a list of must-do's for your business to do before July comes to a close and/or (if applicable) before you leave for your company convention or national meeting.

SCHEDULE:
*Parties for the last two weeks of August and September, with special attention to the first two weeks of September.

*Pencil tentative party dates through December for all hostesses who have indicated an interest in a fall date.

*Check in with any recruit potentials and do whatever it takes to get them signed so that they can be trained in time to reap the rewards of a full fall season.

* Be in touch with team members, especially those who you haven't heard much from this summer and encourage them to do all of the above as well.

*If you have not already, schedule a date and place for your team's fall kickoff

*Check in with any recruit potentials and do whatever it takes to get them signed so that they can be trained in time to reap the rewards of a full fall season.

* If possible, get out and get your children's school supplies. That will be just one more thing off of your to-do list for those first two weeks in September.

By all means, relax and enjoy the rest of your summertime with your family - just be sure to be intentional about paying attention to your business! By taking care of this small to-do list, you will be setting your sights on a successful fall season.

No comments: