Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Writing it down - it really DOES work!

I have been telling my husband for years that he should set goals and he has never listened. I'm not exactly sure who or what got to him or why all of a sudden the light bulb went off; but a true miracle has occurred. A few days ago, I needed to look some information up in his planner when I made an amazing discovery. On the first cover page of his appointment book he had written out a full page of goals that he wanted to accomplish. They were physical, psychological and spiritual in nature and were measurable and specific, both in destination and timeline.

The most interesting thing is in the period of time since he wrote those goals, he has accomplished more than 50% of what he set out to do. And while he hadn't chosen to share these goals with me; writing down the goals and keeping them in a place where he would read them daily, clearly had a powerful impact in the results he is experiencing. I guess miracles DO happen.

Summer can be a season when we lose sight of our goals. If you find you are drifting away and are distracted from working your business a good dose of CANI (Constant And Never-ending Improvement) may be just what the doctor ordered.

No comments: