Friday, November 23, 2007

And on the topic of emails…. (TSF)

OK…I find myself back up on my soap box again on the topic of emails. In the past 10 days, I have received three emails inviting me to attend a home party. I have declined all of the invitations. Why? The evites were certainly slick and easy - they were, actually too easy. All I had to do was just click “No, I will not be able to attend” and hit send.

The weird thing is that I see these gals every week. Not only did they not mention the party to me when we were face to face but they also never called me on the phone to follow up on the evite. So, when you don't feel like there's any personal touch to an invitation - the motivation to attend is pretty low.

I hope you will keep this in mind when coaching your hostesses. A phone call or personal conversation is no less important now in the age of evites, than it was several years ago when we did things the old fashioned way - with postcards and stamps. Help her with what to say and remind her that her excitement when inviting her friends will make all the difference in the response she gets.

No comments: