Saturday, September 8, 2007

Announcing or Inviting?

I haven't had a chance to comment on the new Home Fragrance Line yet but didn't want to waste anymore time in letting you know how EXCITED I am with all the possibilities this line opens up for us and JUST IN TIME for the huge holiday selling season! I hope that all of you are working hard to book more parties and find ways to make your $50.00 sale turn into a $100.00 sale when they need to buy the 3 oils home fragrance kit and their party special! I see doubling sales where we never thought it possible! I wantd to share this great information from The Success Factory because it's so true about how you approach your customers!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

SUBJECT: Getting results!


Often it may feel as though we are doing all the right things and yet we are not getting the results from our business that we want (booking parties and signing new team members).

Today, TSF would like you to step outside of yourself for a moment and observe how you talk about your business to others. Are you “Announcing” or “Inviting”?

Language is powerful; and as new consultants we are excited about our businesses. When we are told to “talk to everyone” and “be excited”; this is not usually a difficult task. However, if you are talking too much and not getting any commitment, then perhaps you are not talking in a way that is effective.

Here are some examples of Announcing vs. Inviting at a party:

Announcement: I'm booking now for the fall, so let me know if you'd like to schedule a date and earn lots of our products for free!

Invitation: I'd sure love to do a party for you this fall, would September or October be a better month for you to have some friends over for a fun ladies night out?


Announcement: I'll be right over there at the dining room table if you'd like to place an order.


Invitation: You seemed very excited when I demonstrated (fill in the blank), did you decide not to get it, or may I add that to your order?


Announcement: We are currently looking for consultants in this area to join our company. Please let me know if I can give you more information.


Invitation: You seemed to enjoy many of our products and you were so fun tonight; I'd love to work with you. If I gave you some information about our company, would you read it? (if yes, then)…I'd like to follow up with you tomorrow; is daytime or evening a better time to call? -or- (better still) Can we get together for a quick cup of coffee tomorrow or the next day so that I can answer any questions you might have?


So…what do you think? Are you announcing or are you inviting? If you did more inviting, do you think you might get more of the results you want? Remember, an invitation involves a one-on-one “eyeball” contact with a customer. This may be a bit of a stretch outside your comfort zone at first. TSF encourages you to try inviting more at several of your next parties and then we would LOVE to hear about your results!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Love this article--very good point!