Sunday, February 25, 2007

Awesome Advice from Karen Phelps

This morning I turned the television (which I never do) and flipped through the channels and low and behold I came across one of my favorite speakers, Zig Ziglar on one of the channels. I sat and listened for awhile and the one thing that came across loud and clear is something I’ve been telling people I’ve mentored over the years. “Passion alone is not enough, you need a PURPOSE for your life and your business”.
If you are passionate about what you are doing it’s a good start but until you have a purpose; which is the end result you will not accomplish as much as you will when you begin focus on your purpose!


My purpose for doing my direct selling busines was to be home with my sons, Brandon and Bryan! That’s how simple it was! If I kept coming back to my purpose I became passionate about doing anything I had to do that would ultimately keep me moving in the right direction.


Is your purpose for your business clearly defined in your head? Are you working this business…just because? There’s nothing wrong with having your business as a part time hobby as long as you understand that’s what it will always be until you change YOUR PURPOSE for doing the business.


There’s no one to credit for your failure or success except YOU! Once you determine your purpose YOU WILL FIND A WAY to make it happen. So, I encourage you to take some time for some soul-searching and determine what your purpose for your business and your life are…once you do you will rediscover the passion to ignite you! Once you’ve re-ignited your passion you will seek ways to make it happen rather than seeking for ways to self-sabotage!

No comments: