Friday, February 2, 2007

Who should I recruit into Urban Botanic?


I'll be on vacation snowmobiling at this incredible cabin (http://www.ronaldvacationrental.com/ it's the 80 Corabell Lane one) so I've gone ahead and posted for the weekend in advance! Happy Reading!


I'm so excited about our great teammate Karen McGaugh in OK. She sent a press release on UB to her local paper and wahlah! Look what happens in 1 day!




This front page local newspaper story included her name, website and phone # so I hope she definitely books a few parties off of this press! I also wanted to blog on the response she received from the reporter that interviewed her and received a free perfume!


From: Susan Woolsey @mcalesternews.com


"I love the scent!!! And so does my fiance. He's like "Wow, that smellsgreat" and I said "I made it myself" and he's all like 'no way, sister' and I said "Way, dude."(Can you tell I spent a large part of the morning listening to a teenager?)"


So be proud of what we have to offer UBers and share the crusade!



Looking for some great ideas on who your perfect market is? See below :)

To help you increase your recruiting success here are a few tips on what to look and listen for when gathering recruit leads at parties or anywhere...


  • People who need extra money

  • People who are bored

  • Someone who is temporarily out of work (male or female)

  • Party guests who give the most input about your product

  • The guest with the largest order

  • Guests who ask lots of questions

  • Part time worker

  • Mothers with small children

  • Women whose families are grown

  • People who bring extra guests to a show

  • People who are not working now but would like to find something to occupy their time

  • Anyone who stares at you during the presentation

  • The guest who picks up a product and demonstrates it

  • The guest who lingers after the presentation

  • The person who is naturally attracted to you as a person

  • Anyone who needs money or is dissatisfied with their job

  • The person who is looking to buy a car or any type of luxury

  • People who want promotions at their job

  • People who nod their head when you give your recruit talk

  • The person who is kid crazy and needs a night cut

  • The person who is 40 middle class and bored

The biggest piece to recruiting is always using the 3rd party approach or question "Who do you know?" This is an easy way to get word of the business out there without putting someone on the spot. I use this approach more often than anything else and it eases any chance of rejection while giving you more opportunities to talk about the business. There are so many people that say "Well I might be interested" so give them that chance!




No comments: