Thursday, April 26, 2007

TSF on Selling Yourself in your Urban Botanic business

Yesterday I baked a double layer chocolate cake to bring to a luncheon. It was when I was trying to figure out how I was going to transport it that I realized in a moment of frenzy I'd sold my “cake taker” at our last garage sale. Now I'm acquainted with a gal who's been the consultant for a company that sells `cake takers' at a few multi-vendor events that I've done over the past few years but for the life of me - I can't recall her name or even the town she lives in.

Are YOU a memorable consultant? Have you `sold yourself' to your customers? Do your customers think of YOU when they want to purchase product from your company or do they boot up their computer and pick a random consultant off of the web?

Here are some things you can do to help your customers remember YOU:
  • Make sure you leave your customers a refrigerator magnet.
  • Get to know your customers personally - pay attention to and make a note of personal details they share about their lives (where they live, family details, etc;)
  • Send birthday or anniversary cards
  • Send Mother's or Father's day cards
  • Send hand written thank you notes
  • Be in touch at least four times a year regarding sales, specials and new product offerings.
  • Follow up with them when “add-on” products or accessories for their original purchases become available.
  • Be sure you have a web page or email address that is easy to remember

The key is keeping your name, phone number and any other contact information in front of your customers in a positive way so that they think of YOU FIRST.

No comments: